Sunday, November 4, 2012

Webtext Revision

Introduction:  The intro to my webtext is brief, to the point, and encompasses the main idea behind my webtext.  What I would like to add in the intro would be some expert opinion, or a tangible number that will give the reader a clear understanding of the magnitude of the issue I have presented.  I think the placement of this idea should come just before the main point of the entire webtext as to help enhance the point I am trying to make.

G.M.O. and the Food Supply:  This section describes the impact of G.M.O.s on crops, but I would like to add some other direct impacts that food researchers are beginning to develop, such as GE salmon and others of the like.  I believe this will help facilitate the point that GE food is on a fast incline in many different aspect of the food supply.  Additionally, I would like to differentiate, but also show the connection between GMO's and GE foods.

How Safe are G.E. Foods:  This section should be the crux of my entire webtext.  In this section I would like to add some suspected side effects that are beginning to show themselves in the health of consumer of GE foods.  I would also like to add any evidence, or promising leads into known future issues foreseen by researchers today.  Lastly, I want to enhance the idea of how little research is conducted and who actually conducts the research.

How is Our Consumers and Food Supply Affected by G.M.O. Use:  In this section I want to enhance the far reaching affects by discussing the impacts on research methods, acceptance, and what that could mean for the health community.  I also want to add a discussion of the impact to farmers and what that means for the consumers.  This is an important idea to share through this section given that it has a direct impact on the fight against GMO foods.

Conclusion:  I believe the conclusion should be revised to give a more direct call to action.  The reflection can be tweaked a bit, but I do find it does a decent job of that already.

Images Used:  The images I have selected do enhance the main points I am trying to make and offer a valid connection to the ideas of the respective section.  However, I would like to add another photo or two with the new discussion I will be adding to my webtext.  I believe that more visual enhancements will help drive home the main ideas that I find to be most important.

Anchor Text:  The anchor texts of my webtext are lacking in number and effectiveness on the reader.  I will be adding more anchor texts in the current sections and will tie in additional anchor texts with the new information.

1 comment:

  1. Josh, this looks excellent, as per usual. I think you have a great plan outlined for the webtext revision.

    ReplyDelete